The Royal Apollonia is a five-star hotel, in the heart of the tourist area of the city of Limassol, Cyprus and a member of Louis Hotels. The hotel owns a website from which you are able to see a 360 view of the rooms, learn about different packages, book online, and get a glimpse of the prestigious accommodations and facilities.
What was the idea behind using Hey Oliver?
The Royal Apollonia began using the “Hey Oliver” marketing automation tool in order to improve their existing campaigns, as well as gain a better insight of their visitors, prospect clients, and customers. Marketing automation would help The Royal Apollonia to attract the right leads for their sales department, and ultimately boost their overall business growth.
Challenges they were facing:
- • Lack of customer engagement in email marketing
- • Huge discrepancy between traffic and purchases on the website
- • Building clients’ behavioral and transactional profiles were very difficult
- • Need for automated email campaigns for mass-communication personalization
What were the benefits?
The tool allowed The Royal Apollonia to be more agile in its marketing initiatives and quickly create personalized marketing messages. Creating targeted campaigns was never this easy, increasing their customer engagement significantly. Through live chat, automated personalized messages, and dynamic one-to-one emails, the value of their new customers also improved and increased, which led to customers being more likely to book again in the future.
- • Customer segmentation implementing simple segmentation matrix allowed to tag users according to features they search for (size of rooms, price)
- • Targeted mailings next to dynamic emails regular promotional email campaigns were conducted. These were carefully targeted and personalized to ensure messages’ relevancy
- • Lead nurturing programs. The company sends cycles of educational messages. The topic of the cycle depends on each particular user’s interests
The growth and end results
The Royal Apollonia saw growth and improvement in the following areas:
- • Increased lead generation from the website
- • Big increase in traffic conversion
- • Dynamic 1-to-1 emails sent after visit showed an increase in OR, increase in CTR, increase in CTOR, increase in Conversion Rate
- • Increasing loyalty and amount of next purchases with personalization and delivering information matching the current needs of each individual user
We have scheduled plans, that will take place by the end of the year such as:
- • A/B testing for dynamic email mechanisms and creations to improve conversion rates
- • Win-back program to retrieve non-active customers
- • Use custom attributes to build more dynamic customer segments based on the time of the last purchase information, purchase frequency and the amount of money spent by customers
- • Web push implementation - possibility of reaching anonymous visitors with information about new offers and deals via web browser notification
- • Facebook Integration - lead acquisition and retargeting ads management on the social platform